BEST PRACTICE: Three Minutes of Testing Can Save Hours of Frustration
We receive calls every day asking us to change an event configuration after the event has opened for registration. These changes are frustrating to your registrants and create challenges for data reporting. To avoid these issues, follow this simple procedure to test your event before it’s open for registration:
- Paste the event URL into a browser in which you are not logged in to Doubleknot.
- Add two of each registrant type to the registration.
- Continue the registration process until you reach the shopping cart. You don’t need to complete the purchase.
- Did I ask for the same information twice? For example, this can happen when you ask for name and contact information in the registrant attributes and on a form.
- Is there a form that should be assigned to the overall registration that's actually assigned to each registrant?
- Are required forms marked as not required?
- Are optional forms marked as required?