Help the Chickasaw Council “Be Prepared”
to meet the needs of our Scouts
Since 1916, the Chickasaw Council has had a long tradition of teaching values to young people throughout the Mid-South such as environmental stewardship, leadership, community service and personal achievement. In order to deliver a quality program, the Chickasaw Council must provide a wide variety of resources to the volunteers and chartered partners who work directly with youth.
Friends of Scouting Campaign
An annual effort designed to fund the operating budget and is the largest source of income for the Chickasaw Council.
Some of these programs and services include, but are not limited to:
· Mid-South wide membership campaigns
· ScoutReach programming for at-risk youth in urban and rural communities
· Comprehensive training for youth and adult leaders
· 2 camp properties covering more than 1000 acres and includes equipment such as canoes, program shelters, tents and dining facilities.
· Camperships for families who are experiencing financial hardship
· A fully staffed Dunavant Scout Service Center focused on helping volunteers
· Establishing new scouting programs in growing areas and/or re-organizing tenured scout units
· Recognition for adult volunteers and young people
To make an annual contribution to Friends of Scouting, Click the DONATE button below.