With the release of the new Adjust Balance screen, it’s easier to adjust the balance as needed when you cancel event and program registrations and facility reservations. The procedure depends on the customer’s payment method and whether you’re issuing a full refund or a partial refund:
- If the customer paid online and you used the Issue Credit feature to refund all of their registration/reservation fees, simply delete the registration. The balance will automatically adjust itself to zero.
- If the customer paid online and you refunded only part of their registration/reservation fees, use Adjust Balance and Delete to enter the amount that your organization kept as a Misc Debit.
- If the customer paid offline, use Adjust Balance and Delete to enter the amount of the refund as an Offline Refund. If you refunded only part of their registration/reservation fee, adjust the balance again to enter the amount that your organization kept as a Misc Debit.
Click here to read the Cancelling Registrations and Reservations user brief
, which contains detailed instructions for issuing online refunds, deleting registrations and reservations, and adjusting balances if needed. The document contains advanced navigation features that are available when you download and open it with Acrobat Reader instead of viewing it in your web browser.
ENHANCEMENT: Allow or Disallow Group Leaders to Send Email to Their Groups
All emails sent through Doubleknot are counted toward your organization’s monthly limit, even if they are sent by someone who doesn’t have Communications Center privileges. For example, the messages that group leaders send to members of their group through the Groups tab count toward your monthly total.
If you’re concerned about exceeding your limit, you can disable the option that allows group leaders to send email to their group. To change this setting, follow these steps:
- From the Feature List, click Communications Center.
- In the Manage panel, click Settings.
- In the Send Emails to Group Members section, choose one of the following:
- To allow email to group members, select Allow. (This is the default setting.)
- To disallow email to group members, deselect Allow.
- Click Save.
If you disallow this feature, be sure to let group leaders know that they can no longer send group emails through Doubleknot.
If you’d like to continue to allow group leaders to send email to their groups but are concerned about overages, you can increase the monthly Communications Center limit. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
ENHANCEMENT: Improved Registration Search
The Registration Search feature in Event Management now maintains your previous search results when you return to the page. If you’re looking for a specific registration but your search results contain multiple items, you can view a registration and then return to the search results list to select another if the registration you selected wasn’t the item you were looking for.
To view another set of search results in Registration Search, enter the new search terms and click Search. Results that match the new search term will be displayed.