Friday's Doubleknot News - Vol. 129
New Admin Shopping Cart to Roll Out on September 3rd
The new shopping cart implementation will roll out to all Doubleknot customers on September 3, 2013. As a result of this change, administrators and constituents will complete all purchases using the shopping cart interface. The benefits of the shopping cart include:
- Constituents can purchase more than one item at a time
- No matter how many items are purchased at checkout, there is only one transaction fee
- An automatic donation request can be displayed to constituents before they check out
- All funds are in a single cash account for easy funds requests
To view an educational webinar that discusses the new administrator shopping cart in detail, click here.
Changes to Financial Reporting
As of September 3, 2013, all customers should use the “Revenue Report” to accurately post revenue to their General Ledger accounts. This general procedure includes:
- Determining gross revenues in Doubleknot, and posting to General Ledger
- Determining bank charges in Doubleknot, and posting to the correct account
- Requesting transfer of net funds from Doubleknot
To view more information about reconciling financial accounts, click here.
Cart Configuration and Store Settings
In preparation for the September 3rd rollout, all customers should review their cart configuration settings. While most customers have not changed the default settings, we strongly recommend that everyone review the settings to confirm that they meet your needs. To access Cart Configuration and Store Settings, follow these steps.
- In the Administer panel, click Store Management. The Product Administration page will be displayed, showing the default organization and financial account for the shopping cart.
- Make sure that the top-level organization is selected in the Organization menu.
- In the Utilities section, click Cart Configuration. The Modify Store Settings page will be displayed.
If your organization is new to the administrator shopping cart, you should review Cart Configuration and Store Settings to understand the options that affect how the shopping cart works.
To view more information about Cart Configuration and Store Settings, click here.
Contact Doubleknot With Questions
If you have any questions about how these new features may impact your operations, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.