Great work deserves recognition and Playwicki District seeks to identify and praise those leaders who've done exceptional work advancing service to youth. These recognitions are made at the annual District Dinner to which all Scouters are invited.
Please review the requirements below and complete this form for the award for which you'd like to nominate the person. There is no limit to the number of nominations a person may submit and a single person may be nominated for multiple awards.
Where's the District Award of Merit Form?
The District Award of Merit requires a separate nomination form available by clicking here.
Playwicki District Awards Requirements
A person may receive each of the following awards only once.
UNIT LEADER AWARD
- All registered & non-registered adults associated with any unit.
- Adults who have made an outstanding contribution to the unit in service of youth.
BIG HAND AWARD
- All newly-registered Scouters
- Given for the “new kid on the block” who deserves a big hand.
CUBBER, SCOUTER, VENTURER & CHARTERING ORGANIZATION REPRESENTATIVE OF THE YEAR
- All registered Scouters
- Active in unit for least two (2) years of continuous service.
- Complete basic training for their position
- Actively support District-sponsored events.
- Make a direct, positive, and measurable effect on the unit.
COMMISSIONER OF THE YEAR
- All District Commissioners
- Be an active Commissioner for at least two (2) years continuous service.
- Complete basic Commissioner training.
- Earn Commissioner Arrow.
- Participate in at least four (4) District activities such as: training, FOS, re-charter, roundtable, camp-o-ree, Klondike, etc.
DISTRICT SCOUTER OF THE YEAR
- All members of the District Committee and activities staff.
- Be an active member of the District Committee for at least three (3) years.
DISTINGUISHED SCOUTER OF THE YEAR
- All registered Scouters
- Earn, Cubber, Scouter, Venturer, Explorer, Commissioner, or District Scouter of the year.
- Continue to be an active Scouter of an additional three (3) years after earning any of the awards listed in paragraph 1.
- Make a direct, positive, and measurable effect on the District.
PLAYWICKI DISTRICT AWARD OF MERIT
This is the highest award presented to registered Scouts on the Playwicki District. This award is recognized by the Boy Scouts of America and is presented for exceptional and outstanding service to youth with primary service on a District level, rather than a unit level. Application form available on Council web page or at office.
SPOUSE OF THE YEAR (KATHY FITZPATRICK AWARD)
This award is given to the Spouse of a Scouter whose has stood by, helped, supported their Spouse in his/her endeavors in promoting the ideals of The Boy Scouts of America and the Bucks County Council.
DEADLINE: March Roundtable
If you would prefer to hand-write and submit an application or wish to keep the requirements for reference please see the Playwicki District Awards Guide.