California Inland Empire Council
High Adventure Team
HIGH ADVENTURE AWARD PROCEDURES
- BEFORE THE TRIP
- Applicant obtains the proper BSA Tour Permit from Council for the Unit trip.
- BSA Local Tour Permit for trips under 500 miles.
- BSA National Tour Permit for trips over 500 miles.
- Submit complete Tour Permit to Council Office. (Minimum 2 weeks to 1 month before the outing)
- Prepare the Activity Plan (transportation, menu, trail information, leadership, shelter, conditioning, etc.).
- Secure all other Permits (Wilderness Pass, Fire Permit and other permits) and any reservations required by the
- Confirm award prerequisites and applicants' eligibility.
- If prior approval required:
- Contact the HAT for Activity Plan review and secure necessary preapproval.
- Record date of pre-approval on the High Adventure Awards Application.
- AFTER THE TRIP
- If pre-approval was required:
- Return the completed Award Application, and any other necessary paperwork, to the
HAT for final approval. (Recommendation: Return to the same HAT member who first
reviewed the application).
- If distance makes a meeting difficult, the Applicant can use the telephone, U.S. Mail, fax
machines or Internet to exchange documents.
- The HAT will review the Award Application and, if requirements are
met, sign the approval portion.
- Take the Award Application with all necessary documentation to the Council Office
to purchase the patches from stock or to order. Telephoning prior to the trip will alert the
Council Office and provide the Applicant with a reasonable timeframe in which to expect
This page modelled after the Western Los Angeles County Council (WLACC) HAT award-procedures page.